- SENSID: A situation dectector for Sensor Networks, Mark Kranz and Rachel Cardell-Oliver, under review May 2007
- Sensory Data Monitoring, Rachel Cardell-Oliver, Chapter 8 to appear in Learning from Data Streams -- Processing Techniques in Sensor Networks, Editors M Gaber and J Gama, Springer Verlag, 2007
- Analysis of Retransmission, Streaming and Opportunistic Data Delivery Methods in Wireless Sensor Networks, Jingbo Sun and Rachel Cardell-Oliver, accepted to appear in Handbook of Wireless Mesh & Sensor Networking, McGraw Hill, 2007
- A Space and Time Requirements Logic for Sensor Networks, Rachel Cardell-Oliver, Mark Reynolds and Mark Kranz , Special Track on Formal Methods for the Specification and Verification of Sensor Networks, in International Symposium on Leveraging Formal Methods, Verification and Validation (ISOLA) 15-19 November 2006, IEEE Proceedings 2007.
- An Experimental Evaluation of Temporal Characteristics of Communication Links in Outdoor Sensor Networks, Jingbo Sun and Rachel Cardell-Oliver, in ACM Workshop on Real-World Wireless Sensor Networks, REALWSN ’06, Uppsala June 2006
- A Reactive Soil Moisture Sensor Network: Design and Field Evaluation, Rachel Cardell-Oliver, Keith Smettem, Mark Kranz and Kevin Mayer, in International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, pp. 149 – 162, Volume 1, Number 2 / April-June 2005
- ROPE: A Reactive, Opportunistic Protocol for Environment Monitoring Sensor Networks, Rachel Cardell-Oliver, EmNetS-II. The Second IEEE Workshop on Embedded Networked Sensors, Sydney, May 2005, pp. 63-70.
- Field Testing a Wireless Sensor Network for Reactive Environmental Monitoring, Rachel Cardell-Oliver, Keith Smettem, Mark Kranz and Kevin Mayer, International Conference on Intelligent Sensors, Sensor Networks and Information Processing ISSNIP-04, Melbourne, December 2004.
Completed Research Theses
- Location-free node scheduling schemes for energy efficient, fault tolerant and adaptive sensing in wireless sensor networks, Babak Pazand, PhD, 2008
- Flexible-schedule-based TDMA protocols for supporting fault-tolerance, on-demand TDMA slot transfer, and peer-to-peer communication in wireless sensor networks, Winnie Louis Lee, PhD, 2008
- Trust-based routing in pure ad-hoc wireless networks, Asad Amir Pirzada, PhD, 2007
- Web-based visualisation of soil moisture monitoring network data, Cathy Rye, Hons Project 2005, supervised by Keith Smettem and Rachel Cardell-Oliver
- Evaluation of Event Aware Environmental Data Compression Schemes for Wireless Sensor Networks, Mark Moss, Hons Project 2005, supervised by Rachel Cardell-Oliver
- SENSID: A sensor network situation detector, Mark Kranz, Hons Project 2005, supervised by Rachel Cardell-Oliver
- Design and Application of Wireless Sensor Networks for Environmental Monitoring, Institute of Engineers Australia, June 2007 by Keith Smettem, Rachel Cardell-Oliver and Steve Burgess
- Web-based tools for data handling and visualization. 6th International Workshop on Measuring Xylem Sap Flow and its Application to Plant Sciences, Perth Australia Nov 2006 by Mark Kranz
- A decade of research with the heat ratio sap flow method: from roots to regions. 6th International Workshop on Measuring Xylem Sap Flow and its Application to Plant Sciences, Perth Australia Nov 2006 by Burgess, SSO and Dawson TE
- Space-Time Logic for Sensor Networks, presented at ISOLA, Cyprus, November 2006 by Rachel Cardell-Oliver
- Analysis of Retransmission, Streaming and Opportunistic Data Delivery Methods in Wireless Sensor Networks, paper and presentation at School of Computer Science and Software Engineering Research Conference, Yanchep October 2006 by Jingbo Sun
- Wireless Sensor Networks, invited presentation to CSIRO WRON workshop, August 2006 by Rachel Cardell-Oliver
- Computer Scientists and Software Engineers Save the Environment, presentation to Shenton College year 12 students on sensor network protocols inspired by nature, 17 May 2006, by Rachel Cardell-Oliver