Automated Testing in Wireless Sensor Networks
Testing in wireless sensor networks can be a tough and challenging field. Challenges include:
- Ensuring correctness on tiny, embedded devices with little facilities for feedback
- Automating compilation, installation and testing over distributed network
- Dealing with non-determinism inherent in wireless, distributed, and embedded fields
- Characterizing test cases and failure conditions
- Characterizing non-function requirements (performance, reliability, fault-tolerance)
Recent developments such as the TUnit framework for TinyOS now enable us to address some of these issues. However, it remains a difficult task to write effective test cases for wireless sensor network operations. This project will identify key guidelines and produce test suites for wireless sensor network environments.